It’s reassuring to learn that paralysis is a fairly uncommon condition and that a specific cause can be identified most of the time.
Your limbs are controlled by messages sent from your brain along with long nerve cells. If one of these messages doesn't get through, it can cause you to be paralysed – unable to move the arm or leg that message is for.
People with paralysis can experience weakness at the level of the muscular nerve, nerve roots, or a combination of both.
There are multiple degrees of paralysis, such as;
- Partial, when a person lost half control over the muscles.
- Complete - The person is not able to move any muscle at all.
- Permanent - when there are no chances of gaining muscle control ever.
- Temporary - when a person regains some or all muscle control.
- Flaccid - when the muscles get flaccid and shorten.
- Spastic - when the muscles are firm and dense and show spasms.
There are several reasons behind paralysis; The list includes
- High blood pressure,
- High cholesterol level,
- Drug addiction,
- Thyroid problems,
- A diet is rich in sodium hydrogen etc.
- Cerebral palsy
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Peripheral neuropathy
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
The other causes -
Insufficient blood supply - The arteries in your brain may be blocked due to blockages resulting from plaque formation.
A clot or rupture of the wall of an artery may also cause this condition. This will result in unpredictable attacks, and symptoms can vary according to the level of damage done to brain cells during an attack.
Paralysis, medically known as plegia, causes, and paralysis symptoms, depends on the brain's neurological deficits.
You may not know what Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, or Quadriplegia is, but you have heard of them. They are the three most common problems with limbs that leave a person paralyzed.
As indicated by the word itself,
Hemiplegia' is a common medical condition affecting about twenty percent of individuals with stroke, and it causes paralysis of the body parts on one side of the body.
Paraplegia is usually due to injury to the spinal cord's nerves at or above the end of long bones.
Diplegia and Monoplegia are paralysis caused by nerve and spinal cord injuries resulting in the loss or impairment of motor control.
Diagnosing paralysis might seem difficult. But there is a way of making the treatment process easier.
When diagnosing paralysis, the first step is to determine and confirm that it is paralysis. Medical professionals will carefully examine the patient to determine if the symptom of paralysis is actually present.
Usually, common tests that are conducted
Some of the common tests :
- X-ray: The idea behind an X-ray is to show us images of the dense structures inside our body
- CT scan: CT or computerized tomography uses computers to create cross-sectional images of the body's inside.
- MRI: Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a way to look inside your body without surgery. It uses a large magnet, radio waves, and a computer to create clear images of the body.
- Myelography: The contrast is injected through a hollow tube that is placed in your back. It takes only minutes, and the doctor will likely watch the procedure on a video screen or by taking X-rays of your spine while it is being done.
- Electromyography (EMG): Electromyography is a diagnostic test that measures the electrical activity in your nerves and muscles. Although it may sound complicated, an electromyography (EMG) test is painless, non-invasive, and quick.
- Spinal tap: By injecting a needle, the spinal fluid is collected through this test.
What Ayurveda says -
According to Ayurveda, Paralysis is caused by excess Vata. It should be Non-Vata Paralysis when it develops due to trauma or other external causes. Vicara Graha or the sensory action of the mind over the body is a principle in Ayurveda. The mind can give fullness to the body or take away from it. Overstimulation of the mind is more likely to cause extra Vata in the body, which leads to paralysis. Poor memory, forgetfulness are symptoms of excess Vata.
Ayurvedic treatment at Sree Prathama Panchakarma Hospital -
No doubt, there is no treatment for Paralysis except Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has always been a synonym to life, and therefore the treatment has come to be termed as “Ayusya Bhramanam”, meaning treatment that sustains life, signifying its proven efficacy in Paralysis. In this situation, Ayurveda not just proves to be extremely effective, but the cost is undoubtedly very low as compared to all other forms of treatment.
However, the basic difference between Ayurveda and corporate medicine is that while Ayurveda seeks to restore an individual’s balance at all levels (physical, mental and emotional) through the natural healing process that one’s own body responds to with time, corporate medicine, on the other hand, insists on merely treating the symptoms through physical means such as various types of exercise or stretching routines.
At Sree Prathama Panchakarma hospital, we understand the kind of life you have had to face due to paralysis, and we aim to give back your lost lifestyle in the form of therapies. There is no need for a hospital stay here as this Ayurvedic treatment clinic treats patients for paralysis irrespective of the cause or the duration that the patient has suffered from it.
Panchakarma for paralysis is a complete Ayurvedic treatment based on the site of the body, complexion, and type of symptoms or disease. It is an effective way to treat paralysis and gain back the lost muscle strength through Ayurvedic medicines. Panchakarma treatments like Abhyanga swedam, Nasyam, Karna pooranam, Snehapanam, Virechanam, Shiro vasti, Sarvanga dhara (Pizhichil), Pichu, Navarakizhi, Vasti, etc.
The treatments are generally safe, effective, and cause no side effects, at times even relieving all the symptoms you might be having. Ayurvedic therapy includes several components like the use of herbs, yoga, pizhichil, and massages that help keep the symptoms of paralysis at bay.
Every person is different. His body's needs are different from those of another. One treatment cannot be applicable to everyone. No two human beings are similar genetically. We try our best to devise different treatments that will suit the individual needs of a patient and provide good relief to every soul that comes here. We employ the best methods and techniques in the medical sciences to get ayurvedic medicines for our patients with satisfaction.
If you want best for your loved one or it’s you who have not been treated well for paralysis, our arms are always open for you. Just dial this number 9989759719 and talk with our experts.